M8 Charing Cross Essential Electrical Repairs
Scotland TranServ, on behalf of Transport Scotland will be carrying out essential electrical repairs on the M8 at Charing Cross.
In order to keep disruption to an absolute minimum, and to protect the health and safety of our workers and the travelling public, it will be necessary to implement total overnight closures of the motorway during this time.
Paul Lynch, Scotland TranServ’s Network Manager said:
“We are liaising with colleagues in our Bridges team, who will shortly be carrying out overnight works on the M8 at Junction 15 near Townhead, and where possible working within their traffic management to further limit the impact on overnight drivers. We are planning these works for weekday overnights to reduce disruption to those enjoying a Friday and Saturday night out in the city. Special access will be retained for emergency service vehicles throughout these works.”
In order to complete these works as quickly and safely as possible, they will be carried out under overnight closures of the M8 on the following evenings:
- 10pm Tues 12th to 6am Wed 13th March – M8 W/B overnight closure
- 10pm Wed 13th to 6am Thurs 14th March – M8 W/B overnight closure
- 10pm Thurs 14th to 6am Fri 15th March – M8 W/B overnight closure
- 10pm Sun 17th to 6am Mon 18th March – M8 W/B overnight closure
- 10pm Mon 18th to 6am Tues 19th March – M8 W/B overnight closure
- 10pm Tues 19th to 6am Wed 20th March – M8 W/B overnight closure
- 10pm Wed 20th to 6am Thurs 21st March – M8 E/B overnight closure for inspections
Signed local diversions will be in place throughout these essential works. Drivers are advised to allow additional time for their journeys, and to check live updates on trafficscotland.org or to follow @trafficscotland on Twitter.