Roads Design Engineer
To successfully deliver detailed design of roads projects, including Works Contracts. To project manage schemes to ensure delivery of annual programmes, on time and within budget.
- Act as a member of the design team, ensuring projects are delivered to the timescales, quality and costs agreed with the client. Delivery of the programme may include weekend, night and evening work outside of “Normal Working Hours”
- Inspection of Trunk Road structures
- Measuring and supervising work on site
- Monitoring structural defects
- Surveying of damaged bridges
- CAD drawing
- Maintaining effective record system
- Assisting other team members, as required.
- Undertake risk assessments and safety checks.
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation.
- Any other adhoc duties as required.
Personal Qualities and Experience
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- HNC, HND or Degree in a relevant subject.
- Working knowledge of Auto CAD
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Possession of full clean driving licence.
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working towards IEng or CEng status
- Experience in production of feasibility and detailed design
- Ability to deliver schemes to time, cost and quality