A701 Heathhall & Locharbriggs
As part of Transport Scotland’s strategic trunk road management programme, Scotland TranServ will resurface 1.8km of the A701 at Heathhall and Locharbriggs.
In order to complete this £728k programme of works as quickly and safely as possible, it will be necessary to implement a series of weekend and overnight road closures from Friday 14th to Saturday 29th September, 2018.
Anthony Chambers, Scotland TranServ’s Project Lead on the scheme said:
“This resurfacing programme will combine two large projects under one banner, ensuring that we can complete this extensive stretch of carriageway resurfacing as quickly and safely as possible. Because of the nature of the works, local residents may experience an element of noise while works are carried out.”
In order to keep communities fully informed on the works programme, Scotland TranServ has included a detailed schedule below:
- Phase 1 – 7pm Friday 14th – 6am Monday 17th Full Weekend Closure from Martinton Road Junction to Auchencreiff Road Junction. (Note: Martinton Rd Jct will be closed during this time)
- 7pm Monday 17th – 6am Tuesday 18th Night Works Closure from Martinton Road Junction to Auchencreiff Road Junction. (Note: Martinton Rd Jct will be closed during this time)
- Phase 2 – 7pm Tuesday 18th – 6am Saturday 22nd 3-way traffic lights will be in place at Auchencreiff Junction for work between Kirkton Road and Auchencrieff Road.
- Phase 3 – 7pm Monday 24th – 6am Wednesday 26th Full overnight closure from Martinton Rd to Quarry Rd (Note: Martinton Rd Jct will be open during this time)
- Phase 4 – 7pm Wednesday 26th – 6am Saturday 29th Full overnight closure from Quarry Rd to Catherinefield Rd