A77 Smithston Bridge Overnight Resurfacing
Scotland TranServ on behalf of Transport Scotland will resurface 180m of the A77 at Smithston Bridge, north of Maybole this week.
In order to complete the works as quickly and safely as possible it will be necessary to implement overnight road closures on Saturday the 8th and Sunday the 9th of December, with further works taking place under four subsequent nights under convoy traffic management.
Gordon Coppard, Scotland TranServ’s Area Network Manager for Ayrshire said:
“Working with local authorities, emergency services and key stakeholders, we have carefully planned these works for minimal impact and reduced disruption. It is necessary to close the trunk road for a short period, because over this stretch of carriageway we need additional width in order to resurface to this depth. We can however complete the high friction surfacing under a single lane closure, under a convoy traffic management system.”
In order to complete the programme of works as quickly and safely as possible, Scotland TranServ will require the following trunk road closures:
- 8pm Sat 8th to 6am Sun 9th December – Full overnight closure
- 8pm Sun 9th to 6am Mon 10th December – Full overnight closure
- 8pm Mon 10th to 6am Tues 11th December – Single lane under convoy
- 8pm Tues 11th to 6am Wed 12th December – Single lane under convoy
- 8pm Wed 12th to 6am Thurs 13th December – Single lane under convoy
- 8pm Thurs 13th to 6am Fri 14th December – Single lane under convoy
Local diversions will be in place. Drivers are advised to allow some additional time for their journeys. Live updates are available by visiting trafficscotland.org or by following @trafficscotland on Twitter.