Assistant Design Engineer
- To successfully assist and deliver detailed design of roads projects.
- To project manage schemes to ensure delivery of annual programmes, on time and withing budget.
Key Results :
- Assist in preparation of designs, studies and reports to consistently high standard.
- When instructed manage individual schemes, including financial management.
- Compliance with Scotland TranServ procedures.
- Provide advice and support to less experienced staff.
Activities and Tasks
- Self manage delivery of schemes to the timescale, quality and cost set by the Planned Maintenance Manager
- Production of scheme packages, generally with the value of up to £350,000
- Ability to interact with Client at scheme level
- Create strong working relationships with Scotland TranServ Colleagues
- Ensure all licences, permissions and orders etc are in place in sufficient time to allow construction to progress unhindered
- Ensure current design standards are known and adhered to
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation and CDM regulations
- Ability to provide topographic surveys for self and others
- Undertake project specific risk assessments and safety checks
- Ability to provide support to graduates and technicians
- supervision of construction, on site, as required
- Maintenance of safe working environment
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Degree, HNC or other appropriate qualification and working towards IEng, CWng of EngTech status
- Knowledge of road design standards (DMRB), statuatory procedures, British Standards and DCM is essential
- Experience in productions of feasability and design
- Knowledge of MCDHW and forms of contract desirable
- Proven record of delivering schemes to time, cost and quality
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Autocad expereince essential
- In possession of a full driving licence
Proven capability in the following:
- Client Sevice
- Problem Solving
- Delivery of Results
- Planning and Organising
- Risk Management
- Developing Others
- Team Working