To ensure compliance with approved code of practice of installed and planned traffic management for all routine, cyclic and elements of emergency response operations. To assist in the safe, effective and efficient delivery of operations on the Scottish Trunk Roads South-west unit.
- Internal: Delivery Managers, Journey Time Reliability Co-ordinator, Supervisors Operatives
- External: Police Scotland, Traffic Scotland, Local Authority Contacts
- To carry out on site inspections to ensure the work is being carried out safely, to the required standards and in accordance with RAMS, Chapter 8 and Code Of Practice
- Ensure the Traffic Management squads record all information in accordance with the Sector Scheme document.
- Brief the Traffic Management crews via regular tool box talks and safety briefings and ensuring PPE is being worn in accordance with RAMS.
- Attend meetings to provide traffic management expertise into scheme development.
- Engage with Sub Contractors when necessary and ensure they interface with the Traffic Management in the correct manner.
- Ensure that the Traffic Management crews are provided with the correct equipment and materials.
- Liaison with Supervisors and Delivery Managers to ensure correct matching of resource skills to works.
- Mentor employees and apprentice as required.
- Participate in Winter Service on a rota basis
- Participate in Incident Response operations on a rota basis
- Manage the inventory of traffic management equipment including maintenance and replacement.
- Lead traffic management crews when required for the installation/removal and maintenance of traffic management works.
- Deputise for TSCO when required
The following personal qualities/ experience are essential:
- Full UK Driving Licence preferably with LGV Class C
- TSCO Qualities
- Traffic Management Foreman Qualifications
- IPV Certificate
- SS 12 A,B,C and D qualified
- In receipt of Driver CPC qualification
- First aid qualification
- Good organisation and communication skills
- Winter maintenance experience
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions
- Experience in incident response
- Availability to work nights and weekends
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- SVQ Level 3 or City and Guilds
- IT Skills