To provide a professional, timely and accurate range of Human Resource (HR) services and first line advisory support to employee and managers across the joint venture.
Location: Oatlands House, 150 Polmadie Road, Glasgow, G5 0HD
- Internal: All departments within the JV, parent company HR teams, Trade Union representatives
- External: Public, external professional bodies
- Provide accurate and timely advice and guidance on terms and conditions of employment, HR policies, procedures and processes, as appropriate to managers and employees, escalating to the HR Business Partner as appropriate.
- Support managers involved in investigations into disciplinary issues and grievances, providing coaching and support to managers throughout the process.
- Develop and maintain productive and collaborative relationships with employees, managers suppliers and other third parties demonstrating professional credibility at all times and providing an excellent HR service to the Joint Venture.
- Work with the senior management team to drive and improve employee engagement levels.
- Work with managers in a collaborative way ensuring that legislation, policy and best practice are applied fairly and consistently across the Joint Venture
Recruitment and Selection
- To advise managers on recruitment and selection issues, including the development of job descriptions, person specifications, and the selection proccesses.
- Ensure that current legislation regarding equal opportunities is met.
- Arrange interviews, prepare interview guides, sit on interview panels and provide input and professional advice and knowledge to decision making.
- To keep abreast of developments in employment legislation and case law and be proactive in ensuring that managers are appropriately briefed on relevant changes and new legislation.
- To participate in training managers on employment procedures and provide coaching and advice to managers in relation to people management policies.
- To support the implementation of a number of identified HR projects to ensure the HR department supports the Joint Venture in the achievement of its strategy, ensuring also that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- To provide monthly and ad-hoc management reports to ensure awareness and understanding of workforce statistics and advise on areas for improvement.
- Support with HR administrative tasks on a regular basis.
The following personal qualities/ experience are essential:
- Member of the Chartered Institue of Personnel Development (CIPD)
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline
- Driving Licence
- 2 years + HR generalist experience
- Knowledge of employment law
- Excellent standard of written and verbal communication.
- IT skills and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Systems
- Ability to work autonomously
- Experience of using a HR Information System: Oracle R12 would be advantageous.
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Experience gained in an engineering environment with Trade Union representation would be an advantage