Management Systems Coordinator
At Scotland TranServ we would like to hear from you if you are keen on statistical analytics acquired at degree level and now want to develop your numeracy skills further in a business context, to help identify performance trends and support the continuous improvement of our certified integrated management system.
The role is varied working across all areas of our business operations. We’re looking for someone who can manage their workload methodically and to a high level of accuracy, particularly when meeting deadlines. You will be challenged to apply sound judgement in making recommendations and influencing the decisions taken by our Senior Management Team on the way ahead, matching your pace to the urgency of the situation.
If you are interested, read our role profile attached. If the job appeals and you can demonstrate the qualities and experience we are looking for, please get in touch.
Reports To: Management Systems Manager (MSM)
Location: Oatlands House, 150 Polmadie Road, Glasgow, G5 0HD
- Maintain the Integrated Management System
- Produce effective management information and reporting
- Assurance – support the development of a culture of assurance to ensure that policies, processes and plans are effectively implemented, and that all outputs (both internal and deliverable) are consistent with requirements
- Financial – None
- Organisational – Zero direct reports
- Internal: All departments within the Scotland TranServ project
- External: Transport Scotland (Client) PAG – (Performance Audit Group) and Parent company internal and external auditors
- Administer the Integrated Management System ensuring content is accurate, authorised and aligned to Balfour Beatty BMS, specifically the ongoing changes to the centralised BMS and changes required to ensure the on- going certification to ISO9001, 14001, OHSAS 18,001 and the sector specific National Highways Sector Scheme certifications.
- Administer the document control process ensuring the trace-ability & availability of documents and contract records including the core records.
- Ensure Integrated Management System registers are up-to-date and accurate including: NCR, Equipment Calibration / Test and Record Registers, Design Registers monitored as part of verification of Design and Construct scheme records.
- Raise NCRs as a consequence of audit findings or other non-conformances and facilitate their timely closure by the relevant action owners.
- Collate business statistics and contractual reporting requirements in compliance with agreed schedules.
- Conduct analysis of key data to identify trends and performance and support continuous improvement.
- Support the implementation of the Defect Free Delivery Campaign in STS and the specific themes on availability of Handover Documentation, Importance of Inspection & Test Plans and associated specifications and standards and Supply Chain Quality
- As the above list of duties is illustrative and not exhaustive, the post holder will be required to undertake other duties commensurate with the role as directed by the MSM
The following personal qualities/ experience are essential:
- Degree level qualification
- High level of numeracy preferably with statistical analytics
- Advanced ICT skills, highly proficient in MS Office applications
- Ability to manage workload methodically to a high level of accuracy
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Knowledge of Integrated Management Systems ( certified to ISO9001, 14001, OHSAS18001 including sector specific standards- National Highways Sector Schemes (NHSS)
- ‘Can do’ approach to makes decisions with STS’ best interest at heart, by applying sound judgement and an accurate grasp of the facts.
- Resilient and optimistic in challenging times particularly meeting deadlines and matching pace to the urgency of the situation
- Showing tenacity when overcoming obstacles.