M74 Southbound Junction 6 and 10 Waterproofing
Scotland TranServ, on behalf of Transport Scotland, will carry out a series of weekend overnight waterproofing and resurfacing repairs on the M74 Southbound at Junction 6 and Junction 10.
In order to complete these works as quickly and safely as possible, it will be necessary to implement overnight closures of the slip roads and associated lane closures, with local diversions in place.
Dominic Orr, Scotland TranServ’s project design lead on the scheme said:
“This is an important programme of works which will allow for the investigation of waterproofing on the bridge decks at Junction 6 and Junction 10 of the M74 southbound. In order to keep disruption to a minimum, we have planned these works to be carried out at the weekend.
“Because of the curing time necessary for the new road surface, we need to maintain some lane restrictions during Saturday and Sunday daytime. Full closures will only be implemented when the volume of vehicles is sufficiently low to do so safely.”
Traffic management across the weekend will include:
- Junction 6 – hardshoulder running, restricting the carriageway from 2 lanes to a single lane between Jct 6 Southbound offslip and onslip. The Southbound onslip from Hamilton will be closed continuously from Friday night until Monday morning
- Junction 10 – Lane 1 closure, restricted from 2 lanes to a single lane for approximately 2km
To allow traffic flows to subside, full closure traffic management will be implemented each evening from the following times:
- 11pm Friday 24th to 6am Saturday 25th May
- 11pm Saturday 25th to 6am Sunday 26th May
- 10pm Sunday 26th to 6am Monday 27th May
Local diversions will be in place throughout these works. Drivers are asked to allow some additional time for their journeys. Live trunk road information is available on trafficscotland.org, or by following @trafficscotland on Twitter.