A77 Dalquat to Minnybae, South of Kirkoswald
On behalf of Transport Scotland, Scotland TranServ will resurface 850m of the A77 between Dalquat and Minnybae, south of Kirkoswald.
In order to complete this £260k as quickly and safely as possible, it will be necessary for Scotland TranServ to implement a weekend closure of the trunk road, from Friday 25th until Monday 28th of October.
Dayle Gillespie, Scotland TranServ’s design lead on the project said:
“We’ve been working in consultation with local authorities, emergency services and key stakeholders to carefully schedule these works, reducing the potential disruption on the local community and businesses. Because of the nature of the trunk road in this area, it will be necessary to carry out the works under a weekend closure.
“Diversions will be in place throughout this short programme of work. Motorists are advised to allow plenty of additional time for their journeys, particularly those heading for ferries at Cairnryan. We would like to thank drivers for their patience while this important resurfacing programme is carried out.”
To protect the safety of our workers and motorists, it will be necessary to complete these works under a series of lane/full closures during the following times:
- Monday 14th until Friday 25th October single lane closure under daytime traffic lights
- 8pm on Friday 25th until 6am on Monday 28th October – under weekend full closure
- 8pm on Monday 28th until 6am on Tuesday 29th October – under full closure
- 8pm on Tuesday 29th until 6am on Wednesday 30th October – under full closure
- 8pm on Wednesday 30th until 6am on Thursday 31st October – under full closure
- 8pm on Thursday 31st October until 6am on Friday 1st November– under full closure
Please click on the button below for weekend and overnight diversion map: