Half Million Pounds Investment for M74
Scotland TranServ, on behalf of Transport Scotland, will this November resurface 1.6km of the M74 Northbound between Junction 3A and Junction 3, near Mount Vernon.
In order to complete this half million pounds project as quickly and safely as possible, it will be necessary to implement a series of overnight closures from Monday the 11th until Monday the 18th of November.
Adam Sarwar, Scotland TranServ’s project design lead on the scheme said:
“We have been working in liaison with local authorities, emergency services and key stakeholders to carefully schedule this programme of work to minimise impact on commuters and businesses using this busy route every day.
“In addition, it is important that we avoid impacting late night Christmas shopping traffic and deliver this scheme before the weather deteriorates. We would like to take this opportunity to thank drivers in advance for their patience while we complete the project and deliver long-term benefits to the road surface of the M74 northbound through this stretch of carriageway.”
Scotland TranServ will deliver this resurfacing programme under the following programme of overnight closures:
- 8pm on Monday 11th until 6am on Tuesday 12th November
- 8pm on Tuesday 12th until 6am on Wednesday 13th November
- 8pm on Wednesday 13th until 6am on Thursday 14th November
- 8pm on Thursday 14th until 6am on Friday 15th November
- 8pm on Friday 15th until 6am on Saturday 16th November
- 8pm on Saturday 16th until 6am on Sunday 17th November
- 8pm on Sunday 17th until 6am on Monday 18th November
Drivers are advised to allow some additional time for their journeys, with local diversions in place. Live trunk road information is available by visiting trafficscotland.org, or on Twitter at @trafficscotland.