Assistant Traffic Officer
Traffic Officer and Network Manager
- Assist Traffic Officer to Create further efficiencies and develop the co-ordiation process of the Trunk Road Space Booking management. Any other duties as considered necessary.
- The Assistant Traffic Officer will support Traffic Officer in co-ordinating and managing all road works on the South West Trunk Road
- Populating and monitoring the Road Works Module (RWM) and Scottish Road Works Register (SRWR) ensuring all works on the network are fully reviewed and accurate.
- Disseminate accurate and timely information to Operational Partners via the Road Works Module, emails, regular meetings and telephone calls to assist in the effective coordination of all activities.
- Attend and chair (when required) the weekly Traffic Management Liaison meeting.
- Attendance at local Roads and Utility Committee meetings (RAUCS) as required.
- Ensure compliance with 4G Contract and KPI’s.
- Full knowledge of the criteria set out in Appendix 1/17 of the 4G Contract.
- Producing clear concise programme for stakeholder consultation( programme of Intent)
- Producing daily programmes of works
- Attendance at Multi Agency Response Team (MART)
The Following Personal Qualities/ Experience are Essential:
- Full clean drivers licence.
- Ability to work on time and within short timescales.
- Able to maintain high levels of detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioitise and manage work.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work as part of a team or independantly.
- Good IT skills.
- Strong and confident communicator
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Knowledge of RWM, SRWR and associated Legislation.
- Familiar with the SW Trunk Roads Network.
- Will require a Disclosure Scotland Clearance Check.