Network Control Centre Assistant Manager
The role of the assistant manager is to support and facilitate the Network Control Centre Manager and deputise on their behalf Responsibilities include for the day to day management of the Network Control Centre and the 9 Incident Liaison Officers employed therein.
In conjunction there is a responsibility for the management and supervision of the 8 Trunk Roads Incident Support Service (TRISS) Operatives who are closely associated with the NCC in the mobilisation of Incident Response.
Core interactions and engagements:
Key Stakeholder engagement with Scotland Transerv personnel, Transport Scotland, Traffic Scotland, All Emergency Services, members of the general public and any other Operational Partners.
Location of this Role: Polmadie or any other locations as required to support the needs of the business
- Coordinating and mobilisation of incident response operations including major incidents requiring close interaction with emergency services, ScotlandTranServ’s operational response operatives and Transport Scotland in implementing and delivering an integrated response operation.
- Ability to communicate and interface at all levels of management
- Obtain feedback from operational partners and key stakeholders to develop protocol procedures and update Standard Incident Diversion Routes.
- Strategic decision maker with accurate and detailed recording of incident actions and developments as they occur, which yields benefits in the development of procedures and identifying areas of best practice.
- Ensuring that ILO’s produce full and concise record of incidents for future reference.
- Participate in the TRISS Incident Management Forum with Transport Scotland and other key operational partners as directed by the Network Manager.
- Identify training needs for NCC and TRISS personnel to ensure a high level of service response and employee job satisfaction.
- Participate in conducting Personal Development Reviews (PDR’s) staff members
- Participation in winter response operations ensuring the NCC is staffed at all times throughout the response period by a Winter Service Duty Officer (WSDO).
- Responsibility for the security, auditing and operational protocols relating to Airwave.
- Ensuring all TRISS operational documentation are of a high standard and appropriate for future reference.
- Ensure the TRISS Service is fully manned by qualified staff, at all times during the specified coverage period.
- Compilation of TRISS shift patterns, timesheets and payroll information.
- Prepare Planning Applications Kpi.
- Prepare Incident Response Kpi.
- Manage Near-Miss Register
- Manage Flood Management Plan.