M77 Off-Ramp Overnight Resurfacing
As part of Transport Scotland’s strategic trunk road management programme, Scotland TranServ is resurfacing the M77 Off-Ramp to the M8 and M74 Motorways.
In order to deliver road surface improvements to approximately 0.5km of busy trunk road, works will be carried out overnight, from Monday 20th until Sunday 26th of January.
Ruairi Dickson, Scotland TranServ project design lead on the works said:
“To reduce disruption to the thousands of commuters and businesses using this busy trunk road every day, we will deliver the programme of work overnight, implementing traffic management only when traffic volumes are sufficiently low.
“We have been consulting with the local authority, emergency services and key stakeholders to carefully schedule these works for minimal impact on the local community and other road users. Scotland TranServ would like to take this opportunity to thank drivers for their patience while this short programme of overnight works is completed.”
The works, which are situated on the M77 Off-Ramp to the M8 and M74 Northbound carriageway near Kinning Park, will be completed under the following traffic management:
- Overnight Closure – 8pm Monday 20th to 6am Tuesday 21st January
- Overnight Closure – 8pm Tuesday 21st to 6am Wednesday 22nd January
- Overnight Closure – 11pm Wednesday 22nd to 6am Thursday 23rd January
- Overnight Closure – 8pm Thursday 23rd to 6am Friday 24th January
- Overnight Closure – 8pm Friday 24th to 6am Saturday 25th January
- Overnight Closure – 8pm Saturday 25th to 6am Sunday 26th January
Local diversions will be in place while this programme of overnight works is completed. Special arrangements have been made for emergency service vehicles, however no additional capacity has been made for windfarm traffic. Road closures will only be implemented once vehicle volumes are sufficiently low.