M8 Westbound Junction 26 Onslip Resurfacing
On behalf of Transport Scotland, Scotland TranServ will resurface 650m of the Westbound onslip of the M8 at Junction 26 near Hillington. A short section of the main M8 westbound carriageway will also be resurfaced as part of the programme.
In order to complete the works as quickly and safely as possible, it will be necessary to implement a series of overnight closures of the onslip and main M8 carriageway between Monday the 16th and Thursday the 19th of September.
Ruairi Dickson, Scotland TranServ’s design lead on the project said:
“In scheduling this short £106k programme, Scotland TranServ has been working in consultation with the local authorities, emergency services and key stakeholders. This is an extremely busy junction, and every effort has been made to keep disruption to an absolute minimum for the commuters, businesses and shoppers using this stretch of the trunk road network.”
The resurfacing programme will be carried out under the following programme of overnight closures:
- 8pm Monday 16th to 6am Tuesday 17th – Full closure of the Westbound On-Slip, with Lane 1 and 2 of the Westbound Carriageway
- 8pm Tuesday 17th to 6am Wednesday 18th – Full closure of the Westbound On-Slip, along with Lane 1 and 2 of M8 Westbound Carriageway
- 8pm Wednesday 18th to 6am Thursday 19th – Full closure of the Westbound On-Slip, Full Closure of M8 Westbound Carriageway
- 8pm Thursday 19th to 6am Friday 20th – Full Closure of the Westbound On-Slip
- 12am Friday 20th to 6am Friday 20th – Full Closure of the M8 Westbound Carriageway
Local diversions will be in place throughout this short project, with access maintained throughout for emergency service vehicles.