Network Control Centre Manager
The NCC Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the Network Control Centre and the 10 Incident Liaison Officers employed therein. In conjunction there is a responsibility for the management and supervision of the 8 Trunk Roads Incident Response Operatives who are closely associated with the NCC in the mobilisation of Incident Response.
- Coordinating and mobilisation of incident response operations including major incidents requiring close interaction with emergency services, ScotlandTranServ’s operational response operatives and Transport Scotland in implementing and delivering an integrated response operation.
- Ability to communicate and interface at all levels of management
- Obtain feedback from operational partners and key stakeholders to develop protocol procedures and update Standard Incident Diversion Routes.
- Adept at decision making and the detailed recording of incident actions and developments as they occur, which yields benefits in the development of procedures and identifying areas of best practice.
- Ensuring that ILO’s produce a documented response for future reference.
- Participate in the TRISS Incident Management Forum with Transport Scotland and other key operational partners.
- Identify training needs for NCC and TRISS personnel to ensure a high level of service response and employee job satisfaction.
- Responsibility for staff Personal Development Reviews (PDR’s)
- Participation in winter response operations ensuring the NCC is staffed at all times throughout the response period by a Winter Service Duty Officer (WSDO).
- Responsibility for the security, auditing and operational protocols relating to Airwave.
- Ensuring all TRISS operational documentation are of a high standard and appropriate for future reference.
- Ensure the TRISS Service is fully manned by qualified staff, at all times during the specified coverage period.
- Compilation of TRISS shift patterns, timesheets and payroll information.
- Peripheral duties include Local Incident Investigations, staff driving assessments, and on occasion, visitations to external bodies to raise awareness of ScotlandTranServ TRISS operations and abilities.
- Prepare Planning Applications Kpi.
- Prepare Incident Response Kpi.
- Manage Near-Miss Register
- Manage Flood Management Plan.