Resurfacing of M74 Southbound Junction 10
As part of Transport Scotland’s strategic trunk road maintenance programme, Scotland TranServ will resurface 1km of the M74 Southbound at Junction 10 this November.
In order to complete this short £270k programme of work as quick and safely as possible, it will be necessary to implement a series of five overnight closures and three daytime single lane closures of the carriageway.
Adam Sarwar, Scotland TranServ’s project lead on the scheme said:
“To keep disruption to a minimum to the thousands of commuters and businesses using this busy route south during the week, we’ll be working through the night to resurface this significant stretch of carriageway near Lesmahagow.
“Scotland TranServ has been working closely with the local authority, emergency services and key stakeholders to carefully plan these works. We’re working out with the busy holiday times and before the Festive season to reduce the impact on motorists, we’re also mindful of delivering this resurfacing programme before any deterioration in the weather.
“With all these factors in mind, this is the most pertinent time and schedule to deliver these works. We would like to thank motorists for their patience while this essential programme is completed.”
It will be necessary to implement overnight closures of the M74 Southbound Junction 10 during the following times:
- Overnight full closure – 8pm on Sunday 3rd to 6am on Monday 4th Nov
- Daytime lane closure – 6am until 8pm on Monday 4th Nov
- Overnight full closure – 8pm on Monday 4th to 6am on Tuesday 5th Nov
- Daytime lane closure – 6am until 8pm on Tuesday 5th Nov
- Overnight full closure – 8pm on Tuesday 5th to 6am on Wednesday 6th Nov
- Daytime lane closure – 6am until 8pm on Wednesday 6th Nov
- Overnight full closure – 8pm on Wednesday 6th to 6am on Thursday 7th Nov
- Overnight full closure – 8pm on Thursday 7th to 6am on Friday 8th Nov
It will also be necessary to close the Junction 10 southbound onslip on the five overnight shifts plus daytime on Tuesday and Wednesday. Access will be maintained throughout for emergency service vehicles. No additional measures will be made for windfarm traffic.
Drivers are advised to allow some extra time for their journeys with local diversions in place. Live trunk road information is available by visiting trafficscotland.org or by following @trafficscotland on Twitter.
Please click on the button below to view the diversion map: