Trainee Structures Inspector
Closing Date: Friday 28th February
Bridge Inspections Manager
To assist the Bridge Inspections Manager and structures inspection team to carry out Principal and General Inspections.
- To assist the inspection team in undertaking Principal and General Inspections for trunk road bridges (comprising steel, concrete and masonry), retaining walls and high mast lights. This may include night shift and weekend working.
- Ensure current inspection standards are known and adhered to. Training will be provided.
- Use and update the Structures Management System (SMS). Training will be provided
- To assist the inspection team to produce inspection reports from the Polmadie Office, identifying any areas of concern immediately to the Bridge Inspections Manager.
- Assist with the organisation of the traffic management, testing, plant and workforce to complete all aspects of the inspections.
- Assist in undertaking project specific risk assessments and safety checks.
- Assist with first response to any incidents involving structures.
- Other duties as required.
Personal Qualities and Experience
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Basic knowledge of structures (bridges, retaining walls, culverts etc)
- Ability to work at height and in confined spaces
- Computer literacy
- To have qualifications/grades to achieve HNC in Civil Engineering, or appropriate qualifications.
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Basic knowledge of Construction Site Safety
- Full driving licence or working towards.