VRS Course Brifen Wire Rope Installers
A course for installers who are required to hold a certificate of competence. Those who have successfully completed the basic module course need only complete the two day course. Please note: LANTRA will not issue a qualification card for VRS courses unless the candidate holds a current FISS/CSCS joint scheme card.
Who Should Attend
All persons starting work for the first time in the temporary traffic management industry, and those persons that do not hold any NHSS 12ABC registration cards.
Delegates will be assessed throughout the course for both technical knowledge and practical work, involving the erection of wire rope safety fences. A certificate will be issued to those who demonstrate competence.
On completion of this course learners will:
– The concept of Quality Assurance and the certificate of approved erectors
– The concept of wire rope safety fences
– The importance of erecting wire rope safety fence to specifications and instructions
– The method of constructing anchor blocks
Delegates should also be able to:
– Read & understand wire rope safety fence drawings
– Understand the principles of safety fences
– Carry out all operations in a safe and efficient manner
– Recognise components and obvious defects
– Handle, off-load and stack materials correctly and safely
– Tension wire rope safety fence
– Identify commonly made errors in the assembly and installation processes