Assistant Bridges Engineer
Network Bridges Manager
- To successfully assist and deliver detailed design and contract preparation of maintenance schemes on structures within the South West Scotland Trunk Road network.
- To project manage maintenance schemes to ensure delivery of annual works programme on time and within budget.
- To assist in inspections of structures when required.
- To undertake supervision of site operations when required.
- Assist in preparation of designs, studies and reports to consistently high standard.
- When instructed manage individual schemes, including financial management.
- Compliance with Scotland TranServ procedures.
- Provide advice and support to less experienced staff.
- Self manage delivery of schemes to the timescale, quality and cost set by the Bridges Manager.
- Production of scheme packages, generally with value up to £500,000.
- Ability to interact with Client at scheme level.
- Create strong working relationships with Scotland TranServ colleagues.
- Ensure all licences, permission and orders etc are in place in sufficient time to allow construction to progress unhindered.
- Ensure current design standards are known and adhered to.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation and CDM regulations.
- Ability to provide topographic surveys for self and others.
- Undertake project specific risk assessments and safety checks.
- Ability to provide support and advice to Graduates and Technicians.
- Supervision of construction, on site, as required.
- Maintenance of safe working environment.
- Other duties as required.
The Following Personal Qualities/ Experience are Essential:
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Degree, HNC or other appropriate qualification in Civil or Structural Engineering with significant and relevant post experience.
- Experienced in bridge design, assessment and inspection.
- Experience in production of feasibility and detailed design
- Knowledge of MCHW and forms of contract desirable
- Proven record of delivering schemes to time, cost and quality
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Professional individual with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Autocad experience desirable
- Knowledge of CDM and conditions of contract.
- In possession of full driving licence
Proven Capability in the following:
- Client Service
- Problem Solving
- Delivery of results
- Planning & Organising
- Risk Management
- Developing Others
- Team Working