Senior Bridges Engineer
Network Bridges Manager
To support the Network Bridges Manager in the delivery of key projects
- Day-to-day resource management, programming and co-ordination of workload and staff to ensure delivery to the timescales, quality and cost agreed with the Network Bridges Manager.
- Ability to compile, revise and monitor scheme and department budgets.
- Ability to lead the delivery of multiple numbers of large, complex schemes.
- Ensure current design standards are known and adhered to by self and staff.
- Prepare reports, studies and designs, as required.
- Ensure all approvals in principle, licences, permissions and orders etc are in place in sufficient time to allow construction to progress unhindered.
- Mentoring and checking of staff work output (reports, designs and files) to ensure high standards are continually provided in line with company procedures.
- Understanding of Client environment and is a trusted deliverer.
- Ensure compliance with relevant Health & Safety legislation and CDM regulations.
- Act as Principal Designer, as required.
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with supply chain partners and Scotland TranServ colleagues.
- Undertake project specific risk assessments and safety checks.
- Staff timesheet checking and approval.
- Other duties as required.
The Following Personal Qualities/ Experience are Essential:
- BEng, MEng or other appropriate qualification.
- Chartered Structural or Civil Engineer.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of design standards DMRB, MCDHW, statutory procedures, forms of contract, British Standards and CDM.
- Experience in production of inspection and maintenance, detailed bridge design, assessment and strengthening.
- Experience of preparing and tendering Works Contract packages.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven record of delivering projects to consistently high standard and on programme.
- Highly professional individual with ability to work unsupervised.
- Proven record of managing a complex programme containing multiple schemes.
- In possession of full driving licence.
- Ability with Microsoft Office